Moreton Island is a unique paradise of golden beaches, rolling surf and beautiful fresh water lakes. Join with us on our 2-Day Get Wrecked EXPLORER Tour, as we explore and snorkel the stunning Tangalooma Shipwrecks, and see the shipwrecks in our very unique "Transparent Kayaks." Experience the exhilaration of sliding down the giant sand dunes of "The Desert" up to 70Km/h, and enjoy the incredible scenic beauty of Cape Moreton, Blue Lagoon and the Eastern Surf Beaches. Moreton Island is one of the great ADVENTURE DESTINATIONS in Australia, and with Sunset Safaris you will experience the very best natural attractions this world famous Island has to offer.
Monday departure available for summer.
Twin and single accommodation upgrades are available on request.
|Start||Brisbane @ 07.00 am|
|Finish||Brisbane @ 06.30 pm|
Our award nominated Tour Guides are tour professionals, with an intimate knowledge of Moreton Island's unique attractions. We have become famous in Queensland for our love for fun, and that's why our operation is the "People's Choice" tour company. Our mission is to make your visit to Moreton Island more than just a beautiful place to go, but an "Experience to Remember."
Our Safaris are the FIRST to pioneer "Transparent Kayaks" in Queensland and around the Tangalooma Shipwrecks. See fish and coral like never before without having to go under the water. Our "NIGHT TIME TRANSPARENT KAYAKING" on our 2-Day Tour is SIMPLY STUNNING. See the underwater world like never before as we navigate the eerie sunken shipwrecks at night with brilliant underwater lights (ONLY AVAILABLE on the 2-Day Tour). Experience our optional ECO-Glamping Tents as you enjoy all the comforts of home while camping in the great outdoors. Our budget backpacker accommodation is available for those on a budget, while our glowing camp fire is available for all to enjoy and roast a marshmallow at night.
We offers 1 & 2-Day tours to Moreton Island. Our 2-Day tours offer a range of accommodation options to suit your budget and lifestyle, Including Budget Backpackers, comfortable Twin Share Beach House Units, or Luxury Glamping. We are proud to offer the BEST VALUE Moreton Island tours available, as we travel the island in comfort with our unique 4WD air-conditioned buses. We offer all the luxuries normally associated with more expensive ECO Tours, but at a price as competitive as the cheapest in the market.
The following itinerary may not follow in the same order as below due to tide times, weather conditions or other factors.
•Pick-up and return service for Gold Coast and Brisbane
• Enjoy a beautiful cruise across the magnificent Moreton Bay on the MiCat Ferry. Enjoy air-conditioned comfort with cafe and bar facilities
• Relax on the beach at the Tangalooma Wrecks and have fun in the sun
•*Enjoy a fully guided snorkeling tour of the Tangalooma Ship Wrecks -all snorkeling gear supplied by Sunset Safaris (wind, weather & tidal conditions apply)
• Wet-Suit hire available all year round - perfect for colder months
• Our special "See Thru" body boards are available to all snorkelers - perfect for beginners and not so strong swimmers
• Safety vests available for non-swimmers to guarantee safety
• See turtles, dolphins, coral and thousands of beautiful reef fish
• *Discover the hidden underwater wonders of the Tangalooma Wrecks with our fully guided Transparent Kayaks (weather & wind conditions apply)
• Experience the awesome fish feeding FRENZY in the Transparent Kayaks
• *Feel the exhilaration of sand tobogganing at speeds of up to 70km/h
• Comfortable air-conditioned 4WD vehicles - go in style
• Swim the crystal clear beaches of Tangalooma Beach
• Great fun-loving tour guides
• Suitable for people of all fitness levels
• In cases of dangerous or poor weather conditions and rain, a scenic tour of the island may be conducted in place of affected activities
• 4WD along the magnificent Eastern Surf Beach
• Swim in the naturally bubbling Champagne Pools (conditions permitting)
• Stop and visit the beautifully romantic "Honeymoon Bay" and "North Point"
• 4WD in our awesome 4WD buses to the stunning "Cape Moreton" seeing -
- Cape Moreton Lighthouse and Museum
- Turtles, Dolphins, Sharks, Manta Rays and Whales during Whale Season
- Spectacular views of Moreton Island and the Eastern Beach
•Swim in the breathtakingly beautiful "Blue Lagoon" fresh water lake
•Experience the 4WD adventure as we explore bush land and beaches in our comfortable air-conditioned 4WD buses
•Enjoy one of the worlds most beautiful beach sunsets over Moreton Bay
• Stay overnight in the rustic "Castaways Beach Resort," with optional accommodation choices including ECO GLAMPING (See accommodation Tab for Glamping details)
- BUDGET BACKPACKER accommodation as standard price
- BEACH HOUSE UNIT upgrades available (see accommodation tab for pricing)
- ECO GLAMPING upgrades available (see accommodation tab for pricing)
- Night Time Transparent Kayaking on the Tangalooma Wrecks(optional). Described as the World's Best Kayaking experience. See colourful fish and coral as our kayaks light up at night with brilliant underwater lights. For many, this is a life changing experience and is guaranteed to please. - Normally $89 - Sunset Safaris Guests ONLY $45 (cash only).
- Camp Fire. Sit around a warm camp fire roasting marshmallows and enjoy a few drinks with new friends and Mother Nature (conditions apply)
* Subject to Tidal and Weather Conditions
Snorkelling tangalooma-wrecks-893Included in the base price is standard Backpacker accommodation at the rustic Castaways Resort. Enjoy a clean bunk bed, hot shower and basic kitchen facilities. This dorm room feature undercover outdoor areas to gather and enjoy a few drinks at night, and is conveniently located right next to the campfire meeting place.
Based in the Rustic Castaways Resort, these units feature your own private bedroom with shared bathroom, lounge, kitchen and balcony area. Perfect for those who wish to have their own private sleeping quarters at a budget price. Very clean and tidy and great value for money. Great for couples, singles or friends, with Twin beds or Double Queen Size beds available.
• Double & Twin Share rooms from only $90 extra per person
• Private Single Share rooms from only $135 extra per person
• 4 - 6 Share units available (price on application)