A day tour to the Twi Islands (Bathurst Island) will provide you with an insight into the Tiwi people's culture and lifestyle. Bathurst Island will reveal scenes (scenic flight) to you seldom viewed by outsiders and leave you with a lifetime memory and a longing to return.
Fly In & Fly Out Option - $296 Extra.
Chen in Darwin General Aviation Airport
|Start||Darwin @ 7.30 am|
|Finish||Darwin @ 05.45 pm|
Take a 2½-hour cruise aboard the Tiwi Mantawi to Bathurst Island. You'll be met by your local guide and taken on a journey through the progressive, modern day Aboriginal community of Wurrumiyanga
• Visit the Tiwi Museum with its interesting displays of traditional art and depictions of the Tiwi 'dreamtime' stories, and Early Mission Precinct and its unique Tiwi-style Catholic Church
• Spend time with some Tiwi Ladies while they work on their weaving and painting. Your guides and the ladies also demonstrate their totem dances and perform a smoking ceremony to bless the visitors and explain the meanings behind them
• You'll get the chance to sample local billy tea and damper with your lunch
• Visit the successful Arts & Crafts Centres and see where the artists work. You also can purchase Tiwi arts and crafts and screen-printed fabric at Island prices
• Learn some of the complex rituals associated with the Pukamani (burial ceremony)
• You'll be transferred to the ferry landing to re-board your vessel, departing Bathurst Island for Darwin at 3.15pm