Tropical North Queensland rainforest is to experience nature at its finest! Rail, gondolas and amphibious army ducks all come together to enable you to appreciate the compelling enchantment of the rainforest. The rainforest village of Kuranda, Aboriginal dancing, Dreamtime and native animals complete a special day.
|Start||Cairns @ 08.00 am|
|Finish||Cairns @ 04.30 pm|
* Travel to Rainforestation Nature Park - 08.00 am
by coach via the scenic Kuranda Range.
* Arrive at Rainforestation Nature Park 09.00 am
Your tour includes:
- Army Duck Rainforest Tour with Tropical Fruit Orchard. Travel deep into the rainforest on both land and water on a guided tour.
- Pamagirri Aboriginal Experience. Watch the Pamagirri Dancers perform in the rainforest amphitheatre, then join the Dreamtime Walk - learn to throw a boomerang and watch spear-throwing and didgeridoo playing.
- Koala & Wildlife Park. See crocodiles, wombats, snakes, dingoes and a cassowary, and hand feed kangaroos and wallabies. Have your photo taken cuddling a koala or holding a small crocodile (optional extra).
* Depart Rainforestation for your transfer into Kuranda Village - 12.00 pm
Alternatively, you may wish to stay longer at Rainforestation for lunch in the restaurant - all passengers receive $5 off the BBQ Buffet Lunch.
On arrival to Kuranda Village, wander through the shops and markets offering local handicrafts, souvenirs and gifts. A must see is the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary with a 10% discount off your entry fee.
* Be at Skyrail Rainforest Cableway Kuranda Terminal for 2:45pm boarding. - 02.30 pm
The 7.5 km Skyrail journey takes 30-40 minutes, however we recommend you spend time at the two stations enroute: Red Peak Station and Barron Falls Station.
* Your coach will be at the Caravonica Skyrail terminal to transfer you to your accommodation. - 04.15 pm
Skyrail Diamond View Upgrade ($12 per adult, $6 per child, $30 per family).