Internationally acclaimed artist Bruce Munro is noted for his immersive site-specific installations that employ light to evoke an emotional response, often in an outdoor context and on a monumental scale. His Field of Light, inspired by a trip to Uluru over 27 years ago, is installed in a remote desert area within sight of majestic Uluru. It is his largest installation to date, with Munro and his team installing more than 50,000 slender stems crowned with radiant frosted-glass spheres. It is truly a magical sight to behold.
|Start||Ayers Rock @ 105 minutes prior to sunrise|
|Finish||Ayers Rock @ 30 minutes approximately after sunrise|
• Depart the resort in total darkness for the short drive to Bruce Munro's renowned Field of Light installation
• Take it all in from a private dune-top as your host provides details of the artist and his incredible undertaking
• Wander through the paths surrounding the 50,000 hand-crafted frosted glass spheres of light, in colours of ochre, deep violet, blue and gentle white
• Why not find a quiet corner, covered under a blanket of stars, to immerse yourself in the silence?
• Return to the dune-top, where you'll be served a warming tea, coffee or hot chocolate. Watch as the dawn creeps across the desert plain and lights up Uluru - don't forget to look out for Kata Tjuta behind you!
Return to the resort in time for breakfast, all flight transfers or further activities.